- Typist Temp
10 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- On average there will be between 62 and 110 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $10,000.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 76% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 84% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Organisations spend on average 5 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 73% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Phone interviews last 27 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 59 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 33% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 14 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new staff take between 24 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 41% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- companies report that 1 in 19 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
For more Typist Temp Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >