- Casual Receptionist
10 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a employment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated September 2018):
- It was reported of the 24,000 new hires 54% of them failed within 14 months and of these, 85% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 10% failed because of a lack of skills.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $13,000.
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 70% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 81% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- On average there will be between 61 and 105 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 12% of these applicants get an interview.
- On average new talent take between 22 and 27 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 28% look for multitasking skills; 31% look for initiative; 21% look for creative thinking; and 12% look for something else in the candidate.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 43% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- companies report that 1 in 20 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 3% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- the ABC
- American Staffing Association
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Casual Receptionist Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >