Monash Medical Centre Clayton
Full Time Ongoing
Join our highly skilled Pharmacy team supporting service delivery in the new state of the art Monash Children’s Hospital.
- Important role supporting delivery of Pharmacy services
- Varied responsibilities including customer service and stock control
- Full time ongoing
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 18,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
Our Pharmacy team provides a critical service that actively supports our goal of delivering outstanding patient experience in every case.
About the Role
As part of the team supporting MMC, you’ll be primarily responsible for providing pharmacy technician services safely and professionally in a number of different areas. Specifically, your accountabilities will include:
- Pharmaceutical imprests – order, distribute and maintain appropriate levels of medicines, fluids and other products supplied by the pharmacy department
- Dispensary – assist with dispensing prescriptions, maintain stock levels within the dispensary, interact with patients, process patient payments
- Aseptic Preparation Suite – assist with cleaning, quality assurance activities and preparation of products (after successful completion of appropriate training and competency assessment)
To take your application forward, you’ll need to demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Proven ability to perform pharmacy technician duties to a high standard
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Certificate III in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) or equivalent
- Working With Children Check (current or application in progress)
- Availability to work weekends and late shifts, with significant notice provided.
In addition, the ability to satisfy the following desirable attributes will be highly regarded:
- Membership of Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Previous experience working in a hospital pharmacy
- Understanding of and proficiency in Merlin pharmacy dispensing program
What’s on offer at Monash Health?
- Opportunity to develop and extend your skills across a varied customer base
- Salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- Organisational commitment to your health and wellbeing, including on-site fitness centre, confidential coaching and support service and smoke free workplace
Things you need to know
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. Should your application be successful to the next stage of our selection, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera interview to tell us more about yourself and your experience.
For a confidential discussion about your suitability for this role, please contact Gail Price, Senior Pharmacist on 95942360. We look forward to hearing from you.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Current Monash Health employees should apply through Mercury using their Monash Health employee account. Our Recruitment Services team can answer any queries on this matter and can be reached on 9265 2776 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries: Pam Tizzano
Ph: 9594 2360
Applications Close: 16/10/2020
To view the position description or submit your application please click the “Apply for this job” button.