- Secretary Worker
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a employment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following recruiting facts (Updated June 2019):
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 81% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- Many enterprises use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 78% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 7 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 76% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $14,000.
- On average there will be between 58 and 108 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- Phone interviews last 29 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 42 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 36% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 7 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 30% look for multitasking skills; 31% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- On average new talent take between 23 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- companies report that 1 in 20 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- American Staffing Association
- the ABC
- Hiring for Attitude by Mark Murph
- The Australian Financial Review
For more Secretary Worker Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >