- Typist Temp
10 Recruiting Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 82% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- It was reported of the 23,000 new hires 42% of them failed within 19 months and of these, 88% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the business. Only 12% failed because of a lack of skills.
- On average there will be between 59 and 104 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 9% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 71% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $14,000.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- It is interesting to note that only 7% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 4% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- On average new talent take between 24 and 27 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 28% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 22% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- Phone interviews last 33 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 41 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 36% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 12 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.